Commercial & Industrial EE Rebates
Usage: NormalView Status
Green Normal Conditions
Your cooperative is currently experiencing normal energy demand. No special energy saving measures are necessary.
- Approaching Peak
- Peak Alert
Commercial, Industrial and Agricultural Energy Efficiency Incentive Program
With heating, cooling, water heating insulating, and motor load being some of the largest users of energy in commercial, industrial and agriculture buildings and operations, improving the efficiency of these applications can save energy and reduce operating costs.
As an incentive, energy efficiency rebates are available on the
installation of qualifying energy efficient equipment and motor load
installations in new or existing applications that are served by a
Nishnabotna Valley REC Member. Complete this rebate form to be eligible for significant savings.
- For more information call 712-755-2166 or contact us online.
A. Air Source and Ground Source Heat Pumps (C.I.A. Only)
Ground Coupled Heat Pumps:
- New Install $1,400/Ton <=30% Cost (Not to exceed $75,000/Business or Farm)
- Replacement Unit $750/Ton <=30% Cost (Not to exceed $75,000/Business or Farm)
Air-to-Air Heat Pumps: *New and replacement rebates are the same for ASHP
- If back-up heat is electric $700/Ton Installed (<=30% Cost)
- If back-up heat is propane or natural gas $500/Ton Installed (<=30% Cost)
(Not to exceed $75,000/Business or Farm)
B. Variable Speed Motors and Soft Start Devices
* Note: seasonal applications are not eligible for this rebate.
- New variable speed energy efficiency motors installed in a commercial, industrial or agricultural building: $30 per horse power / cap of $5,000
- Qualifying soft start devices must be installed on an existing motor in a commercial, industrial or agricultural building: $30 per horse power (based on the horsepower of the motor the soft start device to which it is connected).
C. Controlled Water Heater
Controlled Water Heaters
EF 90% and >=50 gal.
=50 <75 Gals = $300
>=75 <85 Gals = $350
>=85 <105 Gals = $400
>=105+ Gals = $500
D. Ductless Minisplit Heating and Cooling
All Ductless Mini-splits must be Energy Star Certified
Limited to 1 Rebate/Leasable Hotel Room
If back-up heat is electric
- New Installation $800/Ton; <=30% Equipment Cost
- Replacement Installation $400/Ton; <= 30% Equipment Cost
If back-up heat is propane or natural gas:
- New Installation $400/Ton <= 30% Equipment Cost
- Replacement Installation $200/Ton <= 30% Equipment Cost
E. Electric Vehicle Chargers
Level 2 or Higher Chargers: 2.9-17kW, 220-240V
Must be hardwired and installation must meet local code
Member to provide charger make, model, S/N, specifications
Cannot back-feed into the system
Load Control Switch Required
Must have built in accessible meter or REC meter installed
Residential 50% cost, max of $750/charger, max of 2/ household
Commercial 50% cost, max of $1,200/charger, max 5/ location
Terms and Conditions
The rebates listed above must meet the following terms and conditions:
- All equipment must be newly purchased equipment.
- The equipment rebated must be purchased and installed in the calendar year 2021 on a Nishnabotna Valley REC’s electric system.
- A copy of the equipment invoice being rebated must be submitted to Nishnabotna Valley REC.
- A Nishnabotna Valley REC representative will inspect the installation prior to the rebate being paid to verify that it has been installed and is operating.