Commercial, Industrial and Agricultural Energy Efficiency Incentive Program
With heating, cooling, water heating insulating, and motor load being some of the largest users of energy in commercial, industrial and agriculture buildings and operations, improving the efficiency of these applications can save energy and reduce operating costs.
As an incentive, energy efficiency rebates are available on the installation of qualifying energy efficient equipment and motor load installations in new or existing applications that are served by a Nishnabotna Valley REC Member.
- For more information call 712-755-2166 or contact us online.
Ground Coupled Heat Pumps:
- New Install $1,400/Ton <=30% Cost/Unit Installed (Not to exceed $75,000/Business or Farm)
- Replacement Unit $750/Ton <=30% Cost/Unit Installed (Not to exceed $75,000/Business or Farm)
Air-to-Air Heat Pumps: *New and replacement rebates are the same for ASHP
- If back-up heat is electric $700 per Unit Installed (Not to exceed $75,000/Business or Farm)
- If back-up heat is propane or natural gas $500/ Unit Installed (Not to exceed $75,000/Business or Farm)
* Note: seasonal applications are not eligible for this rebate.
- New variable speed energy efficiency motors installed in a commercial, industrial or agricultural building: $30 per horse power / cap of $5,000
- Qualifying soft start devices must be installed on an existing motor in a commercial, industrial or agricultural building: $30 per horse power (based on the horsepower of the motor the soft start device to which it is connected).
Controlled Water Heaters
EF 90% and >=50 gal.
>=50 <75 Gals = $300
>=75 <85 Gals = $350
>=85 <105 Gals = $400
105+ Gals = $500
All Ductless Mini-splits must be Energy Star Certified
Limited to 1 Rebate/Leasable Hotel Room
If back-up heat is electric
- New Installation $800/Ton; <=30% Equipment Cost
- Replacement Installation $400/Ton; <= 30% Equipment Cost
If back-up heat is propane or natural gas:
- New Installation $400/Ton <= 30% Equipment Cost
- Replacement Installation $200/Ton <= 30% Equipment Cost
Level 2 or Higher Chargers: 2.9-17kW, 220-240V
Must be hardwired and installation must meet local code
Member to provide charger make, model, S/N, specifications
Cannot back-feed into the system
Load Control Switch Optional
Must have built in accessible meter or REC/Muni meter installed
Residential 50% cost, max of $750/charger, max of 2/ household
Commercial 50% cost, max of $1,200/charger, max 5/ location
The rebates listed above must meet the following terms and conditions:
- All equipment must be newly purchased equipment.
- The equipment rebated must be purchased and installed in the calendar year 2021 on a Nishnabotna Valley REC’s electric system.
- A copy of the equipment invoice being rebated must be submitted to Nishnabotna Valley REC.
- A Nishnabotna Valley REC representative will inspect the installation prior to the rebate being paid to verify that it has been installed and is operating.